Thursday 29 January 2015

JANUARY FAVOURITES

I can't believe my favourite month is over already. I bought a lot of makeup in December and have been trying it out this month so here are my January favourites!

Maybelline Dream Pure BB Cream in Light
Since it's summer in Australia I've been using a lot of BB cream because it's so light weight and usually has high SPF. I'm a huge fan of asian BB creams but after hearing some good reviews I decided to pick up the Maybelline one. I was really surprised at how good it is and I think I like it as much as I do my asian BB creams. It has good coverage, blends easily, feels light and lasts a good amount of time on my skin. It does make me a little oily but all other BB creams I use do as well. The differences I can see between this one and my asian BB creams is that the Maybelline is a better colour match for me - my other ones can tend to have a grey tinge. The Maybelline BB cream is only SPF15 whereas all of my asian BB creams are at least SPF30 but I still really like it and would recommend it if you're looking for a good and readily available BB cream. The Dream Pure BB cream is aimed at oily-combination skin, but Maybelline does make a Dream Fresh BB cream (pink packaging) for people with dry skin!

emcosmetics Scribble Calligraphy Liquid Liner in Tattoo Black
Since my beloved Stila Stay All Day has been drying out this month, I've been using it sparingly and trying out the emcosmetics Scribble liner instead. It has a really thin brush tip so it took me a few tries to get used to it, but once I did it was really easy to draw a precise line. The liner dries matte black which I love, I don't have any other liquid liners that dry matte. The only thing that I don't like about it is that the liner isn't waterproof. I have really oily and hooded eyelids so I basically need everything that goes on my eye to be waterproof. If I get teary or use eyedrops during the day the liner will smudge so I have to be careful about that.

emcosmetics Love Me For Me Flawless Finish Powder Compact in Nude 7
I'm really scared of using powder foundations because I think they'll look cakey but I think I'm starting to change my mind. This powder foundation is a perfect colour match for me and looks really natural yet flawless. When I don't feel like wearing BB cream or foundation I've just been using concealer and this powder and my skin looks flawless like I'm wearing liquid foundation. Even if I use this powder over BB cream it doesn't look cakey. I don't think it does an amazing job at keeping me matte but I love the way it looks so I don't mind.

L.A. Girl HD Pro Conceal in Natural and Creamy Beige
I'm sure a lot of you have heard about how amazing this concealer is already and I have to agree. The formula is amazing - it's very creamy and blends easily but doesn't move throughout the day or crease. I can use a brush or a sponge to get a medium to full coverage finish. It feel really hydrating so if you have any problems with your under-eye concealer creasing or building up in any fine lines then give this one a go. It's only $3 and comes in 18 different shades. I use both Natural and Creamy Beige under my eyes, one is a shade lighter than the other.

NARS Blush in Madly
I've fallen back in love with NARS blushes this month. It's definitely my favourite peachy-tan blush that goes well with everything. It adds a soft warm glow to the cheeks if used lightly, and can also be built up to give a more bronze look. Highly recommend if you're looking for a new blush to try!

Maybelline Colour Elixir in Hibiscus Haven and Caramel Infused
Maybelline says these colour elixirs "have the colour saturation of a lipstick, the high shine of a gloss and the moisturising feeling of a balm" and I have to agree. I'm usually not a big fan of lip glosses but decided to pick these up as they were 50% off at Chemist Warehouse (the stickers they put on their products kill me though). I'm so glad I did because I love these. They don't feel too sticky or tacky and actually feel moisturising. They're also very pigmented and look flattering on the lips. I rarely wear bright coloured lipsticks but I've been wearing Hibiscus Haven (the bright pink) so much this month because it's less intense than wearing a bright pink lipstick. They last about 3-4 hours on me which I think is a good amount of time, and they're really easy to reapply - I don't even need a mirror. I will definitely be picking up more shades soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment