Sunday 18 January 2015

MY MAC EYESHADOW PALETTE




Out of all my eyeshadow palettes (trust me when I say I have too many), I would have to say I reach for my MAC eyeshadow palette the most. It might be because I picked all the colours myself but I really could use this palette every day, for natural and dramatic looks.

I will get the biggest negative about MAC eyeshadows out of the way first. Each eyeshadow/pro palette refill pan costs $26 in Australia, the empty palette itself is $30 and the 15 eyeshadow insert is $15. So it doesn't take a genius to conclude that this palette is seriously expensive. I haven't bought anything from a MAC store in Australia for about a year, instead I order from the American MAC website and use a shipping forwarding company to forward the package to me. It saves me a lot of money because MAC in America is more than half the price that it's sold here. I can do a separate blog post about what company I use and my experiences if you'd like!

Aside from the cost, MAC eyeshadows are generally very good quality. I won't say that every shade is worth the money, but there are definitely many that are. If you're going to buy any eyeshadows from MAC, I would suggest that you look up swatches and reviews online because there are so many shades to choose from.

Here are swatches of the eyeshadows I have in my MAC eyeshadow palette.




I would recommend MAC eyeshadows to anyone. My favourite matte shades are Brule, Wedge, Soft Brown and Saddle - they're all pigmented and blend really nicely. The bottom row of eyeshadows are my favourite shimmery shades, I really like bronze toned eyeshadows if you couldn't tell. Woodwinked, Tempting and Bronze are some of the best eyeshadows I own, very pigmented and creamy.

There are some more MAC eyeshadows that I really want to try so I'm considering getting a second palette because I reach for this one so often. If you ever get the chance to buy MAC products somewhere for cheaper than the Australian prices, whether it be overseas or through a shipping forwarding company, definitely try some eyeshadows. They're well worth it.

If you have any favourite eyeshadow shades that I don't have, let me know!

4 comments:

  1. I remember the day Joan and I were getting haircuts at mc and I saw you on your way back from buying Swiss Chocolate! Hahaha

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That was my first ever MAC eyeshadow haha! I've dropped it three times but I guess it's well loved?

      Delete
  2. Hi could you do a post on your favourite shipping forwarding company and your experiences with them etc? :) Thanks

    ReplyDelete
  3. After years of development, the quality management system is more standardized. We own the professional testing equipment and technical detection personnel to ensure the quality of our products. cosmetic compact containers

    ReplyDelete