Monday 1 December 2014

MASCARA MONDAY

Let me start off by saying I have short lashes, made even shorter by my hooded eyelids. I would say that my lashes are very high maintenance, I need a mascara that will hold the curl all day and be both volumising and lengthening. The eyelash curler I've been using for years is by Shu Uemura and I don't think that will be changing any time soon. Here are the four mascaras I'm currently using and my thoughts on them.



 L'oreal Falsh Lash Telescopic Waterproof



I'm not actually too sure why I bought this mascara because it says "unlimited length" on the tube and I usually always go for volumising mascaras. It doesn't add any volume at all but I don't regret purchasing it because it lengthens and separates my lashes really nicely. And because it's waterproof I can use it under a more volumising non-waterproof mascaras to hold my curl. I wouldn't repurchase this again because I feel like it doesn't do much and there are better mascaras out there.


Eyeko Skinny Brush Mascara



I've seen Shaaanxo use this in so many of her videos and even though her lashes are amazing, I somehow thought this mascara would work for me. This mascara has a very wet formula which I'm not used to so when I used it for the first few times it went all over my eyelid. Because of its wet formula it's very heavy on my lashes and does not hold my curl even though it's a water resistant formula. It did add volume and length so I would definitely recommend it to you if you didn't have a problem with your lashes falling down. I will continue to use it with the L'oreal Telescopic mascara to help hold the curl because it was the most expensive of the bunch but would not purchase again. I have to say I do really love the squeeze-tube packaging, and again, would recommend if you have naturally curly lashes.


Jordana Best Lash Extreme Volumising Mascara



I bought this mascara for $3 from beautyjoint.com and it is so worth the price. The brush looks pretty average but the formula of this mascara is great, it lengthens and adds a lot of volume without clumping. The only bad thing about it for me is that it doesn't hold my curl but I kind of expected that because usually waterproof mascaras are the only ones that do. If I didn't have that problem though, I would probably buy hundreds of tubes of this mascara in case it ever became discontinued. Even now I would probably repurchase it because it's so cheap and makes my bottom lashes look really long and thick.


Covergirl Lash Blast Volume Mascara Waterproof



This mascara is my number 1 favourite mascara ever. It holds my curl all day, adds a lot of volume, lengthens well and does not smudge. Whenever I try out new mascaras (like the three above), I always go back to this one no matter what. The wand is quite big which you might need to get used to but I found it easiest to hold the wand at the base of your lashes and blink down a couple of times, then coat your lashes as normal. I would recommend this mascara to anyone and will repurchase forever or until I find a better mascara.

4 comments:

  1. Hi Helen! I've just nominated you for the Liebster Award. Head over to the link below for full details. I promise you won't regret it :)

    http://ofmymemories.weebly.com/beauty/liebster-award-tag

    ReplyDelete
  2. Does the Jordana one smudge or flake at all?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It doesn't flake! And only smudged on me towards the end of an 8 hour day :)

      Delete
  3. Have you tried younique 3d fiber lash mascara? ? It's amazing!!

    www.facebook.com/getlashedbyjennifer

    www.youniqueproducts.com/jenniferbrubaker

    ReplyDelete