Monday 8 December 2014

TOP 3 FOUNDATIONS


If someone was to ever ask me what my favourite makeup item is I would have to say foundation. I love trying new ones and I can never have enough. I have a whole drawer full of foundations so I was thinking that I might do a hits and misses post in the future but for now I'll share with you guys my top 3 foundations that I've been loving for the last few months. 

First is the Benefit Hello Flawless Oxygen Wow! foundation. It is an "oil-free brightening liquid foundation with light to medium coverage". It also has SPF25 which is why this is my favourite everyday foundation. It feels so light but the coverage is decent if you use a dense brush like the Sigma F80 or Real Techniques Expert Face Brush which is what I use. It blends so easily and I would say it's definitely medium coverage. The thing that I love most about the foundation is that it stays on all day and it looks very natural because it has a bright dewy finish. I have oily skin and it keeps my forehead and nose matte throughout the day which I did not expect. The one down side is the colour range. I first bought this foundation in the shade 'honey' which was a bit dark for me, but the shade above it 'champagne' was way too orange so I bought the next shade up 'petal' which is still a bit orange but I think it'll do. I'm so glad I gave this foundation a go because it surprised me a lot and exceeded all my expectations.

Next is a cult favourite, the L'oreal True Match foundation. I think everyone knows about this foundation and it deserves all the praise because it's really great. It feels really light but the coverage is medium to full. It has a very thin consistency so it's really easy to build up and has never ever looked cakey on me. I do get a bit oily throughout the day when I wear this but a good primer always fixes that problem. The shade range for this foundation is fantastic, better than some more expensive foundations. There are over 20 shades available both warm and cool-toned so you'll be able to find your "true match" (hehe). I think this is the best foundation at the drugstore and would recommend it to everyone.

Lastly, my all time favourite foundation is the NARS Sheer Glow. I had my eye on this foundation for the longest time and didn't buy it mostly because of the price ($59) but I'm so glad I did. I don't know how to describe this foundation but it just looks so good. And it always looks so good, so whenever I'm having one of those days where I need my foundation to look good without question I will use this. It's not very sheer or glowy in my opinion, it has a medium coverage which is buildable, and it has a natural yet flawless finish. I have oily skin and it doesn't make me oily throughout the day, again, it just looks so good. I would recommend this foundation to everyone, don't be scared of the name and don't be discouraged by the price because it's such a good foundation, you won't regret it!




Finally I do have to give an honourable mention to my Hourglass Mineral Veil Primer which is the primer I use when I need my makeup to last all day, and it's the primer I use under any foundation that makes me a bit oily, and it's just my favourite primer ever. I would definitely recommend this to anyone with oily skin, or anyone that has a problem with their makeup fading throughout the day. I've nearly finished my first full sized bottle of it, it's amazing.

The foundations that are on my to-try list are the Giorgio Armani Luminous Silk and the Chanel Perfection Lumiere, if you have any other recommendations please let me know! 

1 comment:

  1. You should try the perfection lumiere - i highly recommend it !

    lisaxbeauty.blogspot.com.au

    ReplyDelete