Sunday 28 December 2014

BEST OF 2014

I can't believe how fast this year has gone by and I just want to thank all of you for visiting and reading this blog, I appreciate it so much! I haven't posted as much as I thought I would but with a new year comes a new blog name, layout and lots of new ideas and inspiration. Also if you have any requests or feedback please feel free to tell me via social media or leave me a message on Tumblr :)



Here are the products I consider my 2014 favourites.

MAC Eyeshadow Palette
I've bought a few too many neutral eyeshadow palettes this year but this is definitely the one I use the most. I really like warm-toned and bronze eyeshadows so I could use this palette everyday and be happy. MAC have so many eyeshadows you can choose from but my favourite shadows all happen to be matte - Brule, Wedge, Soft Brown, Cork and Swiss Chocolate.

MAC Fluidline Brow Gelcreme in Deep Dark Brunette
I've never considered a makeup product to be my 'holy grail' before because to me, if a product is my holy grail then I wouldn't need or want anything else - until now. I can't imagine myself trying out any new brow products for a very long time because this one is just perfect. I even like it better than the Anastasia Dipbrow Pomade (I will do a review and comparison on the two soon).

Toofaced Chocolate Soleil Bronzer
I've had this bronzer for so long (it's still in its old packaging and doesn't even have a colour on the back) but have really fallen in love with it this year. It's very buildable but looks so natural. I find that I can easily over-do other bronzers, but not this one.

NYX Powder Blush in Angel
I really don't know what it is about this blush that I love so much. When I first got it I thought it was your average peachy-pink blush, nothing special. But since then I can't remember the last time I used a different blush. It's just the perfect blush shade that goes with everything and looks good every time.

Rimmel Moisture Renew Lipstick in Nude Delight
This has been my favourite nude lipstick for a really long time and I'm so sad that it's been discontinued in Australia. I've bought 2 back-ups from beautyjoint and I feel like I need to buy more because I love this lipstick so so so so so much.

MAC Lipstick in Pure Zen
If I'm not wearing Nude Delight then I'm probably wearing this lipstick. It's a really nice peachy colour - not too nude, not too brown, not too orange and not too pink. It doesn't last too long on the lips but it's really moisturising so I don't mind.

NARS Sheer Glow Foundation in Fiji
I've already told you guys how much I love this foundation so I'm not going to say too much about it here other than it's my favourite foundation and I'm probably going to buy another one in a darker shade for summer.

NARS Radiant Creamy Concealer in Custard
This concealer has amazing coverage, can be used under the eyes to brighten or on spots. It's really creamy but doesn't crease or smudge. The applicator is easy to use and it's really blendable and natural looking. My favourite concealer this year by far!

Hourglass Mineral Veil Primer
You might not be able to see from the picture but I've literally scraped every last bit of this primer. It's on the expensive side but no other primer has been able to make my makeup last all day and keep me matte. It's summer now so if you're looking for a new primer to try, this one's perfect.

Jordana Easyliner for Lips in Rock N Rose
I've found my perfect lipliner this year and it only cost be $3. It's the perfect shade for my lips and I can use it on it's own or with any lipstick whether it be nude, peach, pink or even bright colours.

Stila Stay All Day Waterproof Liquid Eye Liner in Black
Other eyeliners just don't compare to this one. It stays on all day without smudging, the felt tip is easy to use and doesn't dry out. A lot of people have been recommending other eyeliners to me but I can't let go of this one just yet.

MAC 217 Blending Brush
I don't think I would use eyeshadow if I didn't have this brush, everyone needs one in their life. It makes blending eyeshadow so easy and always makes your eyeshadow look good.

Real Techniques Expert Face Brush
I love this brush for foundation, it's soft but dense and I love the size. It's big enough to blend foundation flawlessly without streaks, but small enough to get under the eyes and around the nose. I use this to blend out my concealer as well.

Anastasia Beverly Hills Contour Kit in Vanilla, Banana, Nude, Fawn, Java, Havana
This is a really great palette. For $40 you get 6 highlighting and contouring powders, it's really versatile, convenient for travel and good for beginners or those who want to experiment with different bronzers and highlighters.

Thank you so much for reading! Watch this space in 2015 and have an amazing new year :) And follow my new URL on Bloglovin if you have one!

No comments:

Post a Comment