Monday 15 December 2014

EMPTIES 1 - LOTS OF SKINCARE



HI GUYS. I have this bag that sits next to my makeup table that I put products that I've used up in and today I went to put something else in it and realised it was full, so here's my second empties post! It's mostly skincare just because I've been trying out heaps of makeup recently so I've been opening more makeup than using it up.



First here are some makeup removers and cleansers that I've finished up. The two on the left are both by Maybelline, the first one has actually been discontinued and replaced with the second and I honestly liked the old one so much more. I felt like it a bit more oily than the new one which made taking off waterproof eye makeup easier. I still like the new one, it's about $5 for a 70ml bottle and works okay. I have two more bottles of it that I bought when it was on sale, but after I finish those up I don't think I'll repurchase it because I'd rather look for something better. Next is the Garnier Micellar Cleansing Water which I love. To me, it's exactly the same as Bioderma but for way way cheaper. I use this to remove my makeup almost everyday and I would recommend it to everyone! After I use the cleansing water, I wash my face with my Purity Made Simple by Philosophy. I can use this alone to take off my makeup but I feel like it's easier when I use the cleansing water as well as the cleanser because I don't need to spend as long washing my face. I love both of these products, they're so gentle but still take off all my makeup, and will continue to repurchase.


I've also used up a Peppermint Stick by Philosphy which is a shampoo, shower gel and bubble bath. I just use it as a body wash and it smells so good. It was a limited edition scent that came out during Christmas last year but Philosphy have heaps of other scents that are permanent. I really liked this body wash. I think because it was a shampoo, shower gel and bubble bath, it lathered up really nice and made the shower smell so good haha. I've mentioned the Nivea In-Shower Body Lotion before in my last empties post and I've still been using it. I can never be bothered mosturising after I shower because I just want to put my clothes on, so this product is perfect. It's literally a conditioner for your body, so when you come out of the shower you're already moisturised!


I bought a huge can of Batiste Dry Shampoo when it was buy-one-get-one-free a few months ago. I'll forever repurchase this product because my second (sometimes third) day hair loves it. My favourite scent has been the tropical one because it smells like coconut, but I really want to try the new tinted dry shampoos that they have as well. I've used up a Tea Tree Water from Lush before, a few years ago and I remember I really liked it. I remember it being really refreshing and making my pores look smaller , but for some reason I don't feel like it did anything for me this time. I still used it up but I'm trying out another spray on toner now. My favourite scrub has to be the Biore Pore Unclogging Scrub. It's so cheap but works so well at cleaning my face and reducing my blackheads. It's quite a thick scrub so I like to use it in the shower because it's easier to rinse off. I would recommend this to anyone with oily skin or thinks they have lots of blackheads. Next is my only 'makeup' product, the Hourglass Mineral Veil Primer. It was pretty expensive so I'm currently opening the cap and scraping the product out - I WILL USE IT ALL! I mentioned it in my top 3 foundations post, and said that it was my favourite primer. It keeps your makeup on and looking good all day and is definitely worth the money. I love it so much and would recommend it to anyone! And lastly I finished up a Seaweed Mattifying Day Cream from the Body Shop. It was a pretty good moisturiser. I didn't notice it controlling my oils amazingly well, but it felt really light and did it's job. I'm using another moisturiser at the moment just to try out new things, but I might repurchase this in the future.

This was a super long post so thank you for reading! If you have any eye makeup remover recommendations please let me know as well :)

No comments:

Post a Comment